Return to the Hydroponics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Large scale cherry tomato production?

Posted by thamnophis (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 28, 12 at 15:00

Does anyone know of anyone or company producing cherry or grape tomatoes on a larger scale - thousands of plants? If so, please let me know!

Thanks.

Joe

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Large scale cherry tomato production?

Did you ever have anyluck finding one?

o

Have no idea about tomato production, but a couple years ago I stumbled upon an enterprise growing hydroponically grown organic cucumbers individually packaged for the market. They also have quite a large piece of property with a dozen or more large greenhouses. So......I would guess with enough $$ and "want to" anything's possible.

o

Try some Alberta Canada "hydroponic tomato" searches.

Also FDA and Dep of Ag studies from Perdue and Iowa State. I had some hard copies but can't seem to find them. They were a great resource and some went as far as complete investment and cost breakdown of various production runs.

Best of success.

o

Yes they are widely out there. The tomato shortage after the frost in Florida 2 years ago, led to the price rising. The whole nation depended on greenhouse produced crops. Many of these crops were raised hydroponicly due to the large increase in efficiency per space.

I professionally consult on commercial hydroponic systems that would blow your mind.

Chris higgins
Www.hydro-unlimited.com

Here is a link that might be useful: Hydro unlimited: Hydroponic Store & Information Resource

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydroponics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here