Return to the Hydroponics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Has anyone ever used NFT Gully Film

Posted by drumwerx (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 13, 08 at 22:33

I have just come across a site that used gully film to grow tomatoes and other things in. Instead of using channels or plastic PVC they used plastic Film. It was stapled at the top so no light got in and the plant was put threw the top. The nutrient was able to flow like in a channel. The cost was $125 for a roll of 23" wide x 1300 feet long plastic. Can make a lot of channels with that.

Has anyone ever seen or used this product and what reesults did you get. Anybody think it will work?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Has anyone ever used NFT Gully Film

I would give it a try, sounds pretty interesting. Hopefully whatever this material is you could buy it in smaller quantities than 1300 feet. Happen to still have the url for that site? Sounds like it could be an economical method if the plants take to it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydroponics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here