Return to the Hydroponics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help! spots all over my leaves :(

Posted by Bulletproof2 NY (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 21, 04 at 22:40

Hey recently my leaves have got alot of white spots on the top of them which turn black as they get bigger and have a yellow halo.. eventually the leaves get blacker and distort and then fall off. I guess this is "Leaf Spot", I have been trying to use safers fungicide spray but it is not helping, does anyone know what I can use to actually kill this stuff?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help! spots all over my leaves :(

Just a bit of brainstorming first:

1 What is it in your environment that is helping this stuff propagate?

2. Have you tried neem oil? I've heard that is effective versus fungi.

3. Are you sure it's not a nutrient deficiency? Because the fungicide spray is not working according to you.

I'll consult my nutrient problem solver tonight to figure it out and get back to you.

o

I use a continous drip irrigation system which may have helped it propogate, the top surface probably evaporated water which caused moisture to accumulate on the leaves. I haven't tried neem oil I am going to buy some though. I am pretty sure it is not a nutrient defeciency cause I have already done reservioir changes, checked pH and added a micronutrient supplement. The fungicide sprays and most fungicide treatments are preventive and actually not really that effective.

o

What are you growing? Basil tends to get these concentric spots - it isn't fatla and can be controlled by simply removing the affected leaves. It tends to be temporary.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydroponics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here