Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
potpotty

Newbie deciding what else to grow

potpotty
11 years ago

Hi,

I recently got a grow tent and am growing chillis in it. I wanted to wait till putting something else in there but they're doing well and now wondering what else to grow there. I have a small patio and a little windowsill space inside - I put the chillis in there because the weather is so changeable at the moment in the UK and I want to grow in winter. I keep herbs on the windowsill as they do fine there but the chillis don't get enough light I think. The chillis aren't in a hydroponics system but in pots which I feed ba hand. I'll probably buy a system now but haven't decided what. First I want to decide what else to grow. I'd like to grow something which would be prone to pests outside and/or benefits from a lot of light so I can maximise the use of the tent. I'm interested in onions but not sure whether the tent is the best place for them - how likely are they to get pests outside? Has anyone any suggestions on fruit I could start now indoors/in the tent which would be easy for a beginner? Or any other veggies...my choice may affect which type of system I go for so any comments on that would be great. I'm planning to buy one rather than build, as I'm disabled and not in a position to make it myself. Two stores I've used are growell.co.uk and futuregarden.co.uk. My tent is 75cm x 75cm x 200cm. Any thoughts on what to grow and/or system would be great...

Comments (2)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES