Return to the Hydroponics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Experience w/ perlite drip irrigation

Posted by tampahydro Tampa, FL (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 29, 08 at 4:58

Looking for advice/pics/ideas on various setups utilizing perlite and low pressure recirculating drip irrigation. Small setups (25 plants) would work, but I would ultimately like to build one practical for a 48'-96' greenhouse/shadehouse.

Any setup including PVC, concrete, wooden troughs, etc would be appreciated.

I should add that I want to concentrate on tomatoes, and peppers.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Experience w/ perlite drip irrigation

Take a look at this link: http://www.hydroponicsonline.com/gallon_commercial.htm
There are a bizillion pictures on this site.

I personally use a rendition of what is shown here, although I don't use gallon jugs. Still, the idea is what is important and I've tried this and it works great. In fact, I'm tending to move all but my lettuce into this kind of a system in the next several months.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydroponics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here