Return to the Hydroponics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My new hydroponic system - 11 days running

Posted by rayinpenn 6 (RayMills@ThePrudentGardener.com) on
Mon, Sep 24, 12 at 6:12

As an experiment I planted a few sun gold cherry tomatoes. I chose sun gold because it is a fast grower- Johnny's says 46 days to maturity. I live in SouthEastern Pennsylvania and am battling declining tempuratures and sun. Now will I get fruit? I guess I'll see.

9/10/2012

9/21/2012 - 11 Days later

Lettuce my main crop

9/11/2012 This bibb lettuce is what my main crop will be.

9/21/2012 - 11 Days later. I have to wonder what will it look like in 10 more days?

-------------------------------
I was interested how romaine lettuce would do.

9/10/2012

9/21/2012 - 11 Days later

Here is a link that might be useful: Lots more pictures of my Hydroponic Garden

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My new hydroponic system - 11 days running

You are getting some great results!

Is that a DIY system? If so, details?

The lettuce looks great and I'm assuming all these are under lights?

Here is a link that might be useful: My Hydroponic Adventure and Journal

o

I bought the channels, lids and endcaps from growers supply (4, 8 footers) . The setup is in my little greenhouse and uses natual light only. Of course here in SouthEastern Pennsylvania I am fighting the cold already. When I walked the dog last night it was "pumkin cold" but my wife said it was over 100 degrees in my greenhouse today. I was married on Oct 8th and I'd swear it was nearly 80 that day...we shall see.

If you look at my link (above) You will see what I bought and how I set it all up. I think lettuce just loves the 50-70 degree range. My tomatoes and cucumbers are enjoying the warmth of he days. Now will I get fruit? I dunno but it sure is fun trying. Will There be time for a second crop? I kinda doubt it but my investment is quite small.

It's too much fun to stick my head in the greenhouse and be amazed at the growth. Colleagues in the office are shocked at the rate of change. I have had great success in my mini green houses with lettuce. This hydroponic setup opens a whole new set of possibilities.

o

rayinpenn...

I tried your posted link to My Hydroponic Adventure and I got an error that said the page didn't exist.....????

Jim

o

rayinpenn...

The link is broken, but I got it to work by removing the /index.com at the end.

(and I mislabeled the link....rayinpenn, your link is broken, halfway's My Hydroponic Adventure link works fine.)

Jim

o

rayinpenn...

The link is broken, but I got it to work by removing the /index.com at the end.

(and I mislabeled the link....rayinpenn, your link is broken, halfway's My Hydroponic Adventure link works fine.)

Jim

o

Apologies on the broken link.
My web address is (tons of pictures - my hydroponinc setup and plants)

www.theprudentgardener.com

o

Nice site by the way. Good info!

Here is a link that might be useful: My Hydroponic Adventure and Journal

o

rayinpenn...

I tried your posted link to My Hydroponic Adventure and I got an error that said the page didn't exist.....????

Jim

o

Captinzero just copy and put this in your browser.
www.theprudentgardener.com

o

CaptainZero...not sure why you can't access the link...it comes up fine, no broken link. Try copy and paste at http://frugalhydroponics.blogspot.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydroponics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here