Return to the Hydroponics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Perlite . . . non germane post but can't resist

Posted by disinmtl (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 5, 09 at 8:13

I learned just about everything I know about growing hydro in this forum, the people are incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. I also know this site has a home improvement section, but the post is more apt here. I remodel houses for my job and this week had to match an old acoustic ceiling (also referred to as "popcorn" or "cottage cheese"). Safety risks of the ceiling aside, its practically impossible to find a texture to match them, as these styles left the world of the living many years ago. So, I looked everywhere and settled on a zinsser product (acoustic ceiling texture patch). I got it home, poured it up, noticed it was familiar looking, read the ingredients, its PERLITE. So, I went to the garage when we ran out, dumped a bunch of my gardening perlite in some paint, and boom, Popcorn texture. Its amazing, seriously, amazing. sorry for the non relevant post, thought some might find it funny/interesting.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Perlite . . . non germane post but can't resist

that's actually a good thing to remember since you can buy perlite in different grades, you could custom match your texture to match the existing ceiling. I know when the painters tried to retouch our popcorn ceiling, I made them do it three times and it still looks like crap.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydroponics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here