Return to the Hydroponics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
hydroponic & grow light

Posted by alkandery none (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 12, 13 at 10:57

I am using this hydrologic system indoor bout some of flower grow from seeds and stop growing after getting out of seed ?
Is any one can give me some advice . Is I need special soil for some of flower

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: hydroponic & grow light

You can only grow so big in so little of media. Time to transplant into larger containers.

o

That's aquaponics if you have fish in it. You're not going to grow anything that fruits or flowers in that. Fish waste is almost entirely nitrogen. You can add chemical or organic fertilizers, but I would guess that 's not good for the fish. You can try removing the fish to an aquarium and using a hydroponic fertlizer.

o

If you just want to put pots of plants on top of the aquarium for aesthetics, double pot them so the inner pot has drainage and water with plant nutrients in the outer pot, letting the inner pot act as a regular plant pot and the outer pot as a barrier to contact with the fishwater.

If you want to grow real above water plants in the aquarium water, try Kangkong (Ipomoea aquatica) or Watercress (Nasturtium spp.) For these suggestions the roots only can be submerged in fresh water and the stems and leaves are allowed above in air and light, and if you are careful you can grow them nicely.

If you want a challenge to see if you can get a flower floating on a light collecting leaf, try the Star Lotus (Nymphaea nouchali). It is exceptional in that it can flower floating on the aquarium surface if you keep it trimmed and add a tolerable trace amount of iron chelate to the water.

This post was edited by PupillaCharites on Wed, Sep 18, 13 at 3:38

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydroponics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here