Return to the Hydroponics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What would be in my rain water?

Posted by bbrush 10 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 5, 10 at 16:48

Hey anyone care to guess what would be in my rainwater, straight from the sky with no contamination on my part it is around EC of .7 (PPM 350) the rain here is very dirty due to dusty winds coming from North Africa called a sirocco.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What would be in my rain water?

If your talking about straight from the sky, without using anything other than a sterile bucket, in the middle of a large field, without any trees near by, to collect the rain water in. Then as you mentioned, anything that is in the surrounding air is likely to be in it. From any dust particles (and there elements), to acid rain (from smog). Daily conditions will change. As the raindrops fall, they collect everything that's in it's path (sticking to the raindrop). That's why it always smells nice after a good rain, the rain filters the air. Taking all the contaminates with it, leaving fresh air. Anyone who has lived in a large city knows the smell of the air after a good rain.

o
RE: What would be in my rain water?

Wow, EC of .7 millisiemens? Mine measures at about 0.05. I have no clue why yours is so high.

One thing that I found funny was that rainwater measures higher than AC condensate for me -- the condensate coming in at about 0.03. But the rainwater tastes a *lot* better. I think the condensate is devoid of everything but iron, and that it's loaded with the latter.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydroponics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here