Return to the Hydroponics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Diagnose leaf issues

Posted by m00shu none (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 22, 11 at 23:24

Hi All,
I'm about 5 weeks into my first aeroponics grow. Up until this point things have gone pretty smooth other than the appearance of some mold. Which I took care of pretty quickly.

The issue I'm having now, well, may or may not be an issue.

Check out these pictures:

Loco

"Loco" Chili Pepper

Chocolate habanero

Chocolate Habanero

If you notice on each plant one leaf looks almost as if something is eating away at it. I'm also growing sweet chocolate, basil and tarragon in the same system and they do not exhibit this condition. Any ideas on what might be the problem here?

Also, on a side note. Is the reddish color on the stem a normal thing? Doesn't seem to be affecting anything just never seen it before.

My Setup:
8 gallon tote for plants
8 gallon tote for nutrient reservoir
1 water circulator
1 Air tube
1 water pump

Nutes:
Techniflora "Recipe for success"

Last week of logs

Thanks for the help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Diagnose leaf issues

hey buddy, hows it going? IME these symptoms that your peppers are showing are probably due to bugs. Thrips will cause this type of malformed growth. Look for microscopic size red/orange/white specs around the meristem growth. Usually they are tucked into the crevasses of new leaves and stems.

o
RE: Diagnose leaf issues

Hey, things are going pretty good other than I snapped my habanero in half (doh).

Thanks for the input! I'll continue look into thrips being the issue. I'm a bit confused from what I've read so far though. Are these things so small I won't be able to distinguish them from a spec of dust? I have noticed small white dots or specs of dust on my plants but wrote it off as just dust.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydroponics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here