Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oasisgov

Hydroponics make some nutrients

oasisgov
13 years ago

This has become a struggle for many living too far from any store that carries nutes for hydro. For the hobbyist its awesome to be able to make your own.

This comes from any grocery store miracle grow african violet plant food 7-7-7 fert its very inexpensive has all the microstuffs -- they grow gr8 in this stuff after its converted --- read on//..

Take three tablespoons microwave it for one minute and 30 seconds in a glass bowl or until fully salted. This mixture contains all essential micros & nitrates and microwaving them converts the urea into proper nitrate for hydro as a salt. I add less than an 1/8 teaspoon per gallon every water change and watch the ph.

This mixture is powerful an 1/8tea is full strength lol. Easy as humble pie effective and fun.

Let the microwave cool and air out before removing and scraping the now salted nutrients. From that one bottle you can probably make uber exaggeration but maybe lol 10,000 gallons of nutrient it expands!!!.

Handle with gloves and dont breathe in the vapors and wallah Hydro nutes. Store in airtight container or ziplok it will make almost 5 tablespoons from 3 lol.

I do not have an ec/ppm meter so I use caution and use 1/8 teaspoon which works marvelously. Tap ph7.3-7.8 add the scraped microwaved salts and ph to 5.7-6.2 and watch em grow.

I figure you can convert any organic liquid fert into this salt Im trying some ground up time release organic in distilled next, Dynamite mater magic which is made of poo and micros---it makes huge tomatoes with a tablespoon in soil, if this concoction does the same when converted woohoo holy grails of hobby actions using caveman gimmicks lol..

The proper nitrates being made from cow dung scraping just went sci-fi a bit. lol I hope lol.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio