Return to the Hydroponics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tomato

Posted by thomase SouthAustralia (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 26, 04 at 3:04

Hi all Have a plant that has yellow viens in the leaves. timer set for 5min every hour. using Dutchmaster (red cap)nutrient. Other plants now well established that were raised the same way, can I correct this and what am I doing wrong?

TomH

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tomato

What's your EC? Sounds like a nutrient deficiency, not a timing problem. You might try increasing your nutrient strength by 10-25% to see if this corrects it.

Otherwise it might be a magnesium deficiency..but could also be manganese or iron.

o
RE: Tomato

Could be tough to say exactly. Most often, Magnesium deficiency results in greener veins with yellower leaves between them.

Iron could be the problem. It often results in veins AND leaves turning yellow. Of course, if your PH is too high, your iron will become less and less available as your PH rises, until around 8 it becomes almost completely unavailable. Might want to check your pH.

Manganese will look more like mottling(small spots) starting near the stem and working out.. like this:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydroponics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here