Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
manupanicker

Tomato Seedling Yellowing

manupanicker
11 years ago

Hi Guys,

Please help me understand a little tomato problem i m having.

See the attached picture, two out of my many tomato seedlings are turning yellow.

Initially I was thinking may be its due to over watering but i ruled out that after giving them less waster for 3 days.

Currently i am giving them Howard Resh stage 1 nutrient.

these plants are 3-4 weeks old.

They get good sunlight of around 6-7 hours a day and bright daylight of -4-5 hours. they are placed outdoors all the time. I live in India and the temperature has been 25-30 Degree Celsius these days..

This same problem did occurred on another seedling, but it got corrected by keeping it less wet. But with these two other seedlings its not getting corrected, their growth is stopped at this point dealing with this problem.

Let me know if you guys have any questions for me.

thanks in advance.

regards,

Manu

Comments (4)

• manupanicker
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Adding another picture..

• grizzman
    11 years ago

looks like a nutrient deficiency to me.

• Allenvazquez
    11 years ago

Hi Manu:

It could be a nutrient deficiency, mainly Nitrogen, but at this stage is very rare. On the other hand I am seeing you have egg plants too? They are limiting the use of light of the tomatoes.
    Also three days is not long to compare with the change of watering. Have you seen new leaves after the change of watering? Are they yellow too?
    Do you have white flies?

• ethnobotany
    11 years ago

My guess is nitrogen deficiency. Do you water and fertilize all at the same time? Maybe you skipped fertilizer on accident with these two particular toms trying to fix watering issues?