Thanks
Paul

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Bucket system ?

like a bubbler?

o

This is a link to the system im thinking of .
Has anyone made one or used one ?
Thanks
Paul

Here is a link that might be useful: The Bucket system

o

• Posted by Baci z10Ca (My Page) on
    Thu, Oct 21, 04 at 0:15

I have a system similar to this; a Dutch pot system. Mine has the drainage tube extending to the center of the bucket. There is an upside down elbow at that center point, which helps drain the pot.

o

Hi Baci

Is your drain tube at the center of the bucket in order to keep the nutrient level just below the net pot?

o

Sat, Oct 23, 04 at 8:51

My system has media rather than a net pot. The downward flow of the nutrient along drain lines combined with the downward elbow creates a siphon effect which drains the lower 1 1/2-2" of the pot. I put the inner elbow about " from the bottom of the pot if it is flush with the bottom it will seal & not drain. The purpose is to keep the roots from being constantly wet & to recycle the bottom nutrient. I had problems with some salts accumulation, & intermittently draining the area helped. It may not be necessary with this system, but I found it helpful with mine.

o

Sun, Oct 24, 04 at 8:43

A graphic of how I placed my elbow is in the net pot FAQ:

http://faq.gardenweb.com/faq/lists/hydro/2004061819029535.html

o

"It's all clear to me now"...David Boweman (movie 2010)

Thanks Baci

o

ya I did , too easy, some containers, fish tank air pump or pumps, t fittings if you have several buckets, or icecream contaners and some pots with holes in them so the liquid gets in and some air stones and...............done deal, BUY EC METER AND WATCH PH, im doin it now with poppies

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydroponics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here