Return to the Hydroponics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hydroponic Salad

Posted by aaronvb 8 pnw seattle (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 20, 06 at 9:58

I have constructed a very nice greenhouse in my basement.
Details.
Type: Green house
G/H size: 4'x6'x5'
Growing medium: Hydroponics / rockwool
System type: Gully - 6 Plants
Resivoure size: 12 gal.
System size: 15 gal.
Lighting: 1 - 400 W MH - 4 - 4' - 2 bulb, 80W floes
More details later.

Plants- Roman Tomatos, red and green lettice, acorn squash, cucumber and spinich.

I have had a few problems with the germination process. So far every thing is germinating with the exception of the New zealand spinich.

Any one have some insight or input for germinating this spinich or does it just take a long time?

I have photo's of the set up if you care to look at it AArons greenhouse (linked below) If you like I can post them here. If you have any questions or suggestions just ask.

Any help with the spinich will be greatly appreciated.

AAron

Here is a link that might be useful: AArons greenhouse

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hydroponic Salad

You'll need to set your blog to public if you want people to be able to comment on it

o

Thank you flyingz.

I thought I had it set to public, I just copied the link while I was signed in. If this one doesn't work I will fugue out what I am doing wrong. Don't worry about the name it is label a psychologist gave me so I just ran with it lol.

I did find what I was looking for from a note here about an article at mother earth news. I need to germinate in a cool/cold place. My frig is the wrong one.

The link seems to work in the preview.

AAron

Here is a link that might be useful: Aaron's Greenhouse. good link I hope

o

I noticed you are growing cool crops with warm crops in the same greenhouse, Salad greens need cool temperature to succeed, but Tomatoe plants need warm temperature. I don't think you should mix these plants together in the same environmrnt at the same time.
About Spinach germination, seeds need 7-24 degrees celcius to germinate, and plants need 10-16 degrees celcius to grow well. They are tricky plants to grow.
I like your system and I wish you good luck in the neer future.

Horticulturist

S.Z.

o

Hey

If you're having trouble germinating your seeds, i reccommend that you vist www.aquaculture-hydroponics.co.uk. One of the UK's leading retailers, their 'Learn About' Section provides lots of useful info on a range of growing topics. They have always been good to me.

Ronni_Grower

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.aquaculture_hydroponics.co.uk

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydroponics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here