Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brkieffner

Hydroponic Directions?

brkieffner
12 years ago

Hello. I've been researching the different hydroponic techniques and I'm having trouble finding actual instructions on the steps of hydroponics. I'm finding plenty of information regarding setting it up but not how to efficiently run it. All I've seen so far is to make sure not to over-fertilize and in certain systems either flush it out with water or dump the nutes and make new ones every couple weeks. I'm wondering certain things though.

Example: A DWC that is growing an indeterminate tomato plant. How would I go about changing the nutes? Where would I set the plant itself? Do I have to have a separate running bucket that I can put the plant in so the roots don't dry out?

I'm curious because nothing I've read really states this. Where do I put the plants while I'm cleaning the DWC system? With Ebb and Flow, depending on the setup, taking out the resevoir shouldn't affect the plants. Same with NFT since I can take the resevoir out all the same.

DWC is meant to be for beginners and I want to start there but I want to know what exactly I should do when it's time to clean the system.

Thanks for your advice and help.

Comments (2)