Return to the Hydroponics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
hydroponics pvc design

Posted by mistyreiny de (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 25, 13 at 12:45

i'm trying to grow ghost peppers bush t strand and Trinidad scorpion moruga strand peppers. They are 200 and 400 times hotter than Tabasco sauce. right now, ghost used to hold the world record for hottest, until moruga were found. I'm thinking chili with light flavoring from these guys would be delicious. but i'm getting tired of watering them at least 3 times a day. so hydroponics is the obvious choice. I already have pvc pipes and a bilge pump , im an electrical engineer in my junior year so stepping it down is easy, i dont need 600gph obviously, i need the pvc plans though. i have a ton of time on my hands now, recovering from shattering my spine from a dirt bike in may.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: hydroponics pvc design

I can find pictures of 2liter bottles and red solo cups being used, but I want a site that has the dimensions and size of the pvc pipes being used. Hopefully somebody on this site has seen a website similar to what I'm searching for

o

You're thinking NFT. People do it in 4" PVC. I like 6" green sewer pipe better. Square fence post rails also work very well. They sell net pots in many sizes, 3.5" is good for peppers. You will want a smaller pump, probably a mag drive; the sump pump you have will make the reservoir too hot when run constantly. Pump the water into a spray line with holes every few inches. I like 1/2" CPVC for the spray line and hole made from a 1/8th" drill bit. The water will enter the line and pee down every 6-8" or so, ideally between each plant site. Then it flows down the pipe and returns to the reservoir. You can make a drain pipe that lets you adjust the water level within each pipe.

o

NFT will not work that well for peppers. THey get too big. The scorpion Butch T I grew this year had a canopy of about 25 sq.ft. and a huge root ball.

Try either DWC, drip system in dutch buckets or a flood and drain table.

o

I believe this is the site you're after.
If I'm not mistaken, the sites author used to partake of this forum.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydroponics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here