Return to the Hydroponics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Hydroponics at 19 days

Posted by rayinpenn 6 (RayMills@ThePrudentGardener.com) on
Wed, Oct 3, 12 at 13:08

As of Friday night its been 19 days - all we have done is to add 5 gallons more nutrient mix. Evaporation plus what the plants are consuming I assume. You could probably duplicate my setup for under 200 all in if you use pipes in leiu of the premade channels.

All growing like mad and racing the winter clock. What is really nice its been pretty much a 'hands off affair'.

I dont remember the cucumber leaves being so tremendous?

They are starting to compete for space.

Slight something on the edge of the bibb here. Carolyn checked the PH yesterday 5.8.

Put my hand in this one to add some scale.

You want evidence of the greenhouse effect look at the high in the hi/low temp 116 degrees. The outside tempurature never got out of the 70s. Pretty staggering but I am sure the tomatoes loved it.

I was thinking those LED grow lights sure look interesting.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Hydroponics at 19 days

Nice setup. My thermometers always read high when they are in the sun, so it might not have gotten all the way to 116 in there, which is good for your plants. Nothing likes it that hot.

The cukes and tomatoes are soon going to get too big and clog your channel with their roots. They also require a different nutrient mix in order to make fruit. You might plan on moving them to buckets or a different system before they get too big.

Good luck with everything.

o
RE: My Hydroponics at 19 days

Looks great and a very clean setup! Thanks for posting pics...always great to see someone's setup and an NFT to boot.

Well done!

Here is a link that might be useful: http://frugalhydroponics.blogspot.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydroponics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here