Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
delawareusa

I'm falling for DWC and need help with air pump choice

delaware
9 years ago

69 year old retiree lady here setting up a homemade DWC system to grow lettuce, greens, small cukes, and small determinate cherry tomatoes under 65 and 42 watt CFL bulbs indoors on a 4 shelf rack and the nearby floor (for tomatoes and cukes). Help. Would a "Hydrofarm AAPA15L 6-Watt 15-LPM Active Aqua Air Pump with 4 Outlets" be enough with a few extra splitters and valves to supply air stones to four 1-2 gallon containers and four 1 quart containers?
I'm also guessing at ordering the 40 mm "Jardin Ponds Ceramic Air Stone Diffusers for Aquarium, 31-Grams" air stones. Are those okay with two in a 1 gallon container and one in a quart container?
After tons of research I'm saving the Kratky method for baby greens and DWC seems the way to go for a longer growing period. Any advice would be much appreciated.
I've had lots of outdoor gardening experience and indoor "under lights" seed starting and now that I'm retired and getting very creaky in the knees and back I'd love to spread out to do a lot more year-round gardening on my heated porch (sadly with Northern and Western facing windows). 

Comments (2)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner