Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
growmaters

Indoor tomatoes have strange curved branches and leaves.

growmaters
14 years ago

I am growing better boy tomatoes indoors, one in dirt, and one in a bubbler drip system both about six weeks old and 18 inches tall. I am using general hydroponics flora series nutrients currently at an aggresive foliage ratio with cal-mag as the only outside nutrient.My medium is 4 inch rockwool and hydroton clay with a water rate of fifteen minutes every hour in daylight and fifteen minutes two times in the dark cycles as my roots are just starting through the bottom of the top bucket but are not in the nutrient yet. Lighting is 400 watt HPS 18 inches away from top of plant continuosly raising light to keep from burning plants.

I have noticed in the last two days that upper half of leaves are cupping up and down with no chlorotic leaves or purple on bottom. The branches of these leaves are also twisting but will straighten out in the night. The plants have no insects or fungal issues I have maintained a PH of 6.4 to 6.6 and do not believe this to be nutrient defeciency or virus but could be wrong.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated as I am fairly new to hydroponics but have been gardening outdoors for years.

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor