Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
otamot57

Aeroflow 30

otamot57
15 years ago

I'm having problems using organic nutes and having my feeder tubes plug up. Is this normal and should I run some type of cleaner and how often.

Thanks

Comments (4)

• willardb3
    15 years ago

If you use organic nutes, water passages will plug up. All organic chemicals are the same no matter their physical form.

Stop using organic nutrients and get a 3-part liquid nutrient.

• otamot57
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks much... it was my first venture into organic and everything is plugging up.

• freemangreens
    15 years ago

OR . . . You can do as I do.

I use organic nutrients, but I strain all the liquid through a pair of nylon stockings each and every time I mix up a batch (20-30 gallons). This seems to work and the only thing that ever botches things up is when the pump tries to pass a chunk of perlite through the sprayers. THAT will REALLY foul things up!

• hooked_on_ponics
    15 years ago

You always want to have a filter sock on your pump inlet too - regardless of what you're using as a nutrient.

But if you want to do organics and hydroponics together, my advice is to go with a professional formula. I've used the Iguana Juice stuff made by Advanced Nutrients and didn't have any more of an issue with clogging than I did with the regular chem salt stuff.

If you really want to go organic, you might want to look into that.