Return to the Hydroponics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Show Your Hydroponic Systems

Posted by HydroNerd none (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 30, 12 at 1:28

I would love to see other peoples hydro systems!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Show Your Hydroponic Systems

IMG_2286

o

Nice!! I have been looking at the same SlimStar T5 lights for awhile now. Do you like them?

o

The ballast/reflector you see here is actually the Quantum T5 Badboy.

It has so far worked pretty well. I like it a lot because it covers a wide area and is actually aesthetically pleasing. So far both tomato plants and peppers have been growing with very short internodal lengths which keeps them nice and compact. Green healthy growth *thumbs up*

o

This is our Aquaponics system and we just added another grow bed.. Ready to put our third grow bed in soon.

o

Wow those are healthy looking plants! Some of the healthiest I have seen in an aquaponics setup.

Are you addding any nutrients?

What kind/how many fish are there feeding the plants?

o

The lights are 6500 T8 and are on adjustable ratchet pulleys. The normal distance from the plants is 2-3". Ebb and Flow and Deep Water Culture in action.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Indoor Growing Adventure

This post was edited by halfway on Mon, Dec 10, 12 at 11:02

o

"halfway" there are some pros and cons, but for better chances of success for new grower to hydro grower is surely be a EBB & Flow of water. In DWC in occur a problem of maintaining water temperature at ideal levels and in ebb & Flow the drawback is an additional control and medium to change or clean after harvest.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydroponics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here