Return to the Hydroponics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
TDS for bell peppers

Posted by toasty1435 (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 6, 06 at 9:20

I was wondering if anyone knows the recommended TDS for bell peppers and jalepenos. I have a system with basil and oregano and parsely and was wondering if a pepper plant co co-exist.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: TDS for bell peppers

depends on what nutrients you are using. hydro-organic nutes like pure blend pro and the like dont register on a tds meter like salts-based nutes.

you could crank up the strength until the plant lets you know its too much, then back off

or you could crank up the nute strength to a level where the plant isnt showing any problems and leave it there until it does show something.

i rarely ever need to go beyond 1000ppm. 800-900ppm works well for me, but thats just me.

the pepper will want way more nitrogen than the herbs will want. that doesnt mean they cant coexist in the same system, it just means you'll need to find a balance which might be suboptimal.

depending on what method you're using, you could change the watering cycle instead of turning up the wick on the nutes. more frequent fertigation would allow you to use weaker nutrient solution, if that makes any sense.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydroponics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here