Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vialsoflight

My poor Strawberry

vialsoflight
9 years ago

Hello all you happy gardeners!

Can someone be so kind as to help me figure out what is wrong with my strawberry plants? I have 5 of them, all started from seed back in March. They are in an ebb and flow system and I use Fox Farm nutrients. Grow Big, Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom,and Cha Ching. I use either/or of the Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom, not both together. I keep them between 1000 and 1200 ppm, pH around 5.8-6.0. They are on a 15 minute per hour flood cycle for 14 hours a day. I added one flood cycle in the middle of the 10 off hours. I keep them in the basement with a de-humidifier going and the temps down there are in the mid to high 60's. They were doing so awesome up until about a month ago, when they all started this rusty brown leaf discoloration. The leaves eventually dry up and die. The strawberries are very tiny. Good flavor, but eeentsy beeentsy. They all started with this problem at the same time, so I am thinking it has more to do with the nutrients and less to do with disease, but I could be wrong. Thank you in advance for helping me save my babies.

This post was edited by vialsoflight on Sun, Nov 16, 14 at 14:28

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting