Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
orgmacdonald

EC, PH and Nutrient Formulas

orgmacdonald
12 years ago

I know tables and suggestions have been posted over and over but one last time, what EC/nutrient formulas are people targeting for their plants?

I'm trying a variety plants including hot peppers, tomatoes, strawberries, lettuce, sweet pepers, summer squash, egg plant, and a few other herbs.

My issue is I'm trying to get by with 2 reservours. 1 targeted towards bloom/flowering and the other for veg.

I know that hard numbers are difficult at best to state and that real stats would best be determined by experimentation but I would like to see where the consensus lies.

For example, are people maxing out at 2 e.c. for peppers?

Are you switching to a higher "bloom" formula when buds start? Are you treating hot peppers, like Bhuts, differently than Bells? Is 2 e.c. too low for mature determinate tomatoes? What about day neutral strawberries? Bloom formula once flowers appear or stick with a higher N nutrient formula?

Sorry for the long post, but my goal is to put mature peppers, tomatoes, and possible strawberries in the same system feeding from same reservoir. So, what do you say? Let's get some numbers...

Comment (1)