Return to the Hydroponics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Flowering Booster

Posted by iamgrowerman (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 21, 08 at 20:47

Now I imagine that the title of this thread has most of you guys thinking in the same direction. The term "flowering booster" sees a lot more use in a particular type of hydroponics (the clandestine type) than anything else.

I don't really want to talk about that. But since that particular section of the field has brought us some pretty creative innovations, I wanted to discuss it in terms of the more honest growing. Do flowering boosters have a place in your garden and if so, in what way?

A lot of comparisons are drawn between that certain plant and tomatoes. They have a lot in common in terms of what they need to grow. So I'm wondering just how far that goes. I was thinking about an experiment to see if there would be a noticeable difference in results of two otherwise identical tomato plants, one with a quality "flowering booster" and one without. But then I realized I'm probably not the only guy to ask himself this question so I wanted to open it up to everyone here to see what they think before I go and spend a bunch of time on an experiment that might just be a waste.

So let's hear it. Do those commercial flowering boosters work for the legal stuff?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Flowering Booster

I have tried MOAB (Mother Of All Blooms) and threw up a post about it several months ago.

It is a crystalline, almost powder sort of stuff resembling granulated sugar. All you do is add it the water, which is exactly what I did.

I was growing cherry tomatoes in an aeroponic grower and after adding the MOAB, it really did go to town and bloomed like crazy, but cherry tomatoes do that sort of thing anyway, so I can't really say it was the MOAB that did the trick.

You'd almost have to a double-blind study, meaning you'd have to grow several of the same cultivar, each seeded at the same time and grown in a like manner up until the time of adding the 'flower booster', then sit back an watch the results.

That's not much more than you already know, but I just thought someone else on the board might have heard of or used MOAB in their garden and was in hopes this thread might spark up some memory.

o
RE: Flowering Booster

I've used some of the commercial bloom boosters on tomatoes before, I think they make a definite difference.

I don't know about all of them, but the ones I used were made by Advanced Nutrients and my plants seemed to do a lot better than usual. I haven't done a side-by-side test or anything, but that's my 2 cents anyway.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydroponics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here