Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
powderfinger303

Hydroponics materials in China

powderfinger303
16 years ago

Hello, I am a teacher in Shanghai China. I have been searching for a place to buy materials to have my students (high school) build a small hydroponics set-up. I have never done it myself before but I am sure that the basic materials for 'building' I may be able to get my hands on such as aquarium water filter etc. What I would really like though are 2 things:

nutrient solution (no idea how to do this myself)

Expertise (anyone who I could consult for questions/problems etc)

Any information would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Comments (3)

• greystoke
    16 years ago

Welcome powderfinger303 {{gwi:998412}}

I live in South Afrika, and I make my nutrient from very basic materials. I can help you with that.

May I ask if these basic chemicals are easily available?
    Calcium Nitrate (I make this myself from woodash and nitric acid. The woodash provides the micro-nutrients)
    Magnesium Sulphate (= Epsom salt or English salt)
    Potassium Sulphate (= commercial fertilizer)
    Super Phoshpate (= commercial fertilizer)

• shadoh6
    10 years ago

I know that this post is super old, but since I was once in the same boat as the OP, I wanted to give an update on the status of hydroponic nutrients in China.

I started looking for nutrients when I first started learning about hydroponics in 2009, but I realized that the only option at that time was to make them yourself using the base chemicals or to use mysteriously colored liquid fertilizers of questionable providence. Fast forward to 2013 after trying many different kinds of nutrients and growing methods, including organic hydroponics, aquaponics and bubbleponics, I was hired by an international hydroponics brand in Shanghai, which just so happened to have secured distribution rights to Advanced Nutrients in Asia.

Thus, if anybody needs hydroponic nutrients in China or anywhere in Asia, feel free to message me and I would be glad to help you out! :)

• GarethS
    10 years ago

Hi Shadoh6

I am living in Suzhou, just outside China and have a friend in South Africa who is looking for a Hydroponics Gutter system in which he wants to grow herbs and lettuce. I have no idea about these things but reading your post thought i would contact you.
    I will quote what he emailed me yesterday so you can see exactly how he worded it...:

"What I am looking for is a hydroponic system that uses a gutter (house like gutter) with a lid on to grow lettuce or herbs in . The water with fertilizer in circulates through the gutter feeding the plants . I want to find a company the makes the gutters and hole system
    There is a another system of hydroponics called a floating system . That is pools of water with polystyrene which has holes in for the lettuce and they float on the water with fertilizer "

If you are able to help me out in any way, i would greatly appreciate it. He would want to buy something and have it send to SA.

Looking forward to any help you can give

Thank you

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?