Return to the Hydroponics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I have a big problem and I need some help!

Posted by frenchfried zone6 canada (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 30, 04 at 8:40

Yesterday I have transplanted my clones and seeds into a 3" cubes. they are sitting under 940w hortilux hps bulbs. at 4pm I have watered them by erb and flow tray.
my nute was in a 25 gallon of tap water.
125 ml of flora grow, 62.5ml of micro and 62.5 ml of bloom. ph is at 5.5 and have also put 30 ml of hydrogen peroxide. I have watered them for 15 mins and it took 15 min to drain. at 8pm I went to see my little children and all their littles leaves were curled up over the tip of the plant. like they were begging me to stop the turcher. I took a gallon of water. set my ph to 5.5 and put 1 tbs of epson salt. and dip the cubes again. this morning all the leave that had curled up was dry and dieing off. I am loose my children and I need help. What am I doing wrong. ... I have notice a great amount of white grain like salt on the table after the table has dried. is this normal? please reply A.S.A.P.
Frenchry.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I have a big problem and I need some help!

Maybe go to straight water until you get a meter to measure the TDS of the nutrient solution. Plants can live on pure water for quite a while.

Salts left after evaporation of nutrient solution sound like you are over-feeding the plants.

o

I agree with willard. Flush them with straight water immediately and the keep track of the strength of the nutrient mixture. I would also do away with the H2O2, since I have read only bad things about it in any mix, especially the 35% technical grade.

Good luck with the recovery. -Jason

o

Hydrogen peroxide has a problem similar to chlorine in solution, ie, in the wrong concentrations, they are toxic.

The advantage of hydrogen peroxide is that it leaves solution completely in 1-2 hrs after it has done its work; chlorine hangs on for days.

I treat all water for nutrient change and make-up to 500-1000 ppm with 3% solution available in stores and let it sit for 2 hours. I have no nasties carried by water.

Solution concentrations will depend upon your water supply.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydroponics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here