Return to the Hydroponics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
leaving aerogarden alone for two weeks?

Posted by suwannee75 7b (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 2, 08 at 18:18

Hi,

I just got an aerogarden and my kids really want to get startedon it. We are going away for the Holidays for two weeks. My question is, would it be ok to plant now, refill it with nutrients before we leave and just leave it alone in an empty house for two weeks?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: leaving aerogarden alone for two weeks?

I don't see what it would hurt. During those two weeks you wouldn't do much but look at it anyway. The only gamble you would take is if you lost power or had a sprayer clog. If it's new I wouldn't give to much thought to sprayer clog, and if the power goes out you couldn't change much being home anyway.

I would say go for it, since by the end of christmas your kids might have moved on and this is your chance to really get them into growing.

o
RE: leaving aerogarden alone for two weeks?

If you start it the day you leave it might be okay for 2 weeks unattended, but my guess would be that it wouldn't go more than a week.

See if you can get someone to check in on it once or twice, just to top off the reservoir.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydroponics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here