Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mkey42

Anyone in Stuart want a free hydroponic system

mkey42
12 years ago

Anyone local want to test a hybrid system i am building,is 2 systems in 1 dwc/aero ,Perfect for a beginner.Free for some feedback,have to pick up

Comments (6)

• homehydro
    12 years ago

Do you have any pictures of it?

• mkey42
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi,i have a video on y-tube,my screen name here is my channel there.not looking to abuse the forum here,just want to make a contact with someone local who is into hydroponics.Trade free stuff for feedback

• mkey42
    Original Author
    12 years ago

sorry channel is mkey3233 ,i dont want to link it ,not trying to spam

• homehydro
    12 years ago

If I had the right YouTube user, I saw two videos. From what I can tell it looked like basically a tower aeroponic system. Both looked basically the same, but one had a colored finish on it.

Coincidentally it looks much like a smaller version of one that is on my "to-build list." But my plan is to use 8-12 inch wide vertical tubing. I also have come up with a couple of stand systems in mind that will support one, or multiple vertical tubes running on the same reservoir. Also different designs for using one or separate reservoirs. I also have two different water delivery systems planed to test out. But it's just one of those things that's on the back burner for now.

I wouldn't mind testing it out for you, but I don't know where you live and cant say if I can pick it up. If you want to ship it to me, I don't know what you would charge to do that. I don't mind giving feedback on your system, but I don't really know what you require as far as obligation there, and wouldn't want you to feel shortchanged. So some definition other than just some feedback would useful (how many grows, temperatures, type of plants, nutrients used, lighting, pictures required, etc.)

But from the videos, one thing that stands out to me is it looks like there's a single sprayer at the top. That would have me concerned because they can clog easily. So I would expect changing it out regularly would be necessary. As well as I don't see any nutrient solution temperature control, so ambient air temp would be important to the water temp as well (and very important to plants).

• mkey42
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi,how far away are you?I am in Stuart,Fl. Yes ,you are correct about ambient air temp.I eliminated using water pumps and anything that would add extra heat to system.I mainly want to test the delivery system,the 4" tubes work good for spices ,but will become root bound fast with bigger plants.I have a 6"fitting with 3"grow sites,but want to get the quality better before i start showing it.The single sprayer on top has given me no trouble,if any sediment gets through the filter it will pass thru the micro sprayer. I have intentionally abused it(i dump compost in it to see if it will clog up)and let it brew in nutrient tank.I am not looking for tons of data,we all have too many things to do,just use it and abuse it,and give me your opinion...lol.Email me through y-tube and i can send you some pics

• homehydro
    12 years ago

I'm in Lake Havasu city AZ (86406). I don't see a e-mail address at youtube. I don't really use youtube much so it might be there, I just didn't see one. You can e-mail me at my junk e-mail address rocketman1022000@yahoo.com

Then I can give you the e-mail I normally use.