Return to the Hydroponics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Philadelphia flower show any aquaponics seminars?

Posted by dis2cruise (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 26, 13 at 20:45

Very Interested in doing aquaponics systems, would love to see first hand on how it works does anyone know if they have seminars or classes at the flower show this year?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Philadelphia flower show any aquaponics seminars?

Try posting on the flower show facebook page. They seem responsive with both a mess of generic promotion and some actual questions there. If not email the show info address at pennhort.

I doubt there will be anything but I wouldn't give up so easily if that turns nothing up. I would then call these people in Gladwyne (main line Phila) Main line Aquaponics somewhat public project for 2014 and they'll probably have some very interesting suggestions.

Have fun!

This post was edited by PupillaCharites on Tue, Dec 31, 13 at 21:48

o
RE: Philadelphia flower show any aquaponics seminars?

We were at the Philly Flower Show last weekend and unfortunately there is no mention of hydroponics. This years show was an Art and Flowers theme and, in my opinion, has really broken from the traditional gardening I had come to expect from the show.

It amazes me that there has never (to my knowledge) been a hydroponics display either from an exhibitor or a vendor. It seems like they want to ignore the fact that for the world to feed the masses hydroponics represents the future. Maybe it's the old thinking that all people who grow hydroponically are growing weed but I do not think hydroponics is getting the good press it deserves and it is time some organization steps up and starts changing some old assumptions.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydroponics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here