Return to the Hydroponics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what type of beans?

Posted by derek-grow (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 3, 08 at 22:19

i'm looking for a type of green beans that bush instead of vine to grow hydroponically. does anybody have a ideal about a type to grow? my girlfriend doesn't eat alot of veggies and green beans is one kind she will eat. so i have to add some to my indoor garden if i can.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what type of beans?

Why not just use a vining variety and just train them to a wire "tree"?

o

i have given that a thought. i'd rather fine a kind that bushes to make it easier. i may end up with vining bean, but i would rather not.

o

The seed packet should say right on front "Bush Bean" or just "Bush". I too prefer the bush to the vine any day. I can't remember what the names of the ones I grew last time, but those key words are what I look for (along with disease resistant).

Good luck!

o

i got on ebay and ordered some. i can't wait to get them in and in the rockwool. i'll have 6 types of tomatos, 2 types of peppers, leaflet lettuce, miniture head lettuce, herbs, and carots. potatoes if i had a huge pot to put 4 plants in.

o

Have had excellent luck with Venture varity of green beans - available from Twilley Seeds and Parker. That variety keeps bearing all season. Expensive but well worth the money.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydroponics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here