Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rjinga

Source For Blueberries

rjinga
15 years ago

I'm posting this for my mom who lives in Fruitland (able to travel to Boise and/or surrounding areas). She is looking for blueberry plants to buy. She wants at least 6 or more. If anyone has any to sell, please let me know. OR if you know of any good places to buy them for a reasonable price that would be great too.

Comment (1)

• backyardener
    14 years ago

Has she checked Fruitland nursery? I have not been there in years, so I am not sure about blueberries, but they do have a pretty wide selection of plants.

Also most of Idaho's fruit is grown along the Snake River (Parma / Homedale / Marsing), I've seen blueberry farms near Marsing. There have to be some great sources for fruit bearing plants in that area. You can do a google search for nurseries in those 3 towns and call them, you will probably get better quality and prices in those places than in Boise.

U of I has a research center in Parma. I contacted them to find out which grape varieties are best for Idaho. Not only did they give me great recommendations (types I have never heard of), but they put me in contact with a grape grower who sells potted plants of the best varieties for $2.50 each. I think I'll contact them from now on any time I want new fruit bearing plants.

Here is a link that might be useful: U of I Parma

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting