Return to the Idaho Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Herbacide applicator

Posted by rmbrad (My Page) on
Wed, May 2, 07 at 17:05

I have been looking for a herbicide applicator. The one I am looking for has a place to put the herbicide, and a wick or sponge on the end of a pole. I use to see these advertised, and think they called them a "weed cane". These are made for spot treating weeds. You wipe the wick or sponge on the individual weed, and it kills just that weed.

Do any of you recall seeing these, and if so what did they call them, who made them, or where can I get one?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Herbicide applicator

They are called wick applicators. You can usually find them at farm supply stores or garden centers. If that doesn't work, search online.

o
RE: Herbacide applicator

Made two last year out of pvc pipe. Found the instructions on the Nature Conservancy website. You can also use cotton gloves over rubber gloves, dip your GLOVED hands in herbicide, rub on targeted species. Make sure you wear proper protective clothing! and wash up after.

o
RE: Herbacide applicator

deewee, Are you still around? Please come back and post on the Idaho Gardening board. I would love to see it get up and going again. Snice I need so much help with a brand new yard. Also have those nasty weeds. UGH

AND I am a mosaic person. :)

Chris

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Idaho Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here