Return to the Idaho Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cocolalla Gardening

Posted by mollymaples Northwest,z6 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 22, 06 at 2:47

New to Idaho but not the garden web. What a wonderful source of information. I really try to spread the news how great this is. I also live between Cda and Sandpoint, work in Sandpoint. I have two ponds, one for fish, one for birds, two seasonal streams and a creek, which hopefully, we will get to use our water rights to soon, since everything is starting to dry out. I am looking for anyone in the area who might have some native water lilies to share, or even some cattails. Let me tell you, we have spent all summer working on getting the two ponds in shape, the horses fenced properly and the water lines in place. This winter, we may, finish the house, if not, there is always next year. Really glad to have this new forum!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cocolalla Gardening

I only have a small formed pond so I don't use them but I will look around and see if I can find some that are easy to dig up.

o

THANKS IDAHO DAISY. I ACTUALLY FOUND A STAND OF CATTAILS, WELL, I DON'T KNOW IF ONE PLANT CAN ACTUALLY BE CALLED A STAND. IT IS IN MY OWN PASTURE BY THE CREEK. SINCE I DON'T REALLY WANT A STANC OF CATTAILS IN MY PASTURE, I AM GOING TO RELOCATE THEM TO MY FISH POND.

o

Hi' JoAnn in Careywood here... I've got some of the yellow water Lilly's but... you do know there very invasive. once you put them in they will multiply ! let me know if you want a picture of them or you can come and dig some starts anytime

o

JoAnn, I will be putting them in a lined pond, so I think I can keep them in check. That would be great. When would be a good time to get them?

o

Great MollyM. i dropped you an email. let me know if you don't get it - JoAnn

o

JaAnn, I didn't get it, its possible I forgot to update my email address. It is morningmorgans@verizon.net Thanks

o

Molly,

For your own safety, it is not a good idea to post your email like that. Internet "spiders" (software) are always searching the web for addresses to add to their spam folders. Be careful.

Or disguise it like this -

morningmorgans(AT)verizon(dot)net

the software is on the look out for any lines containing .something or @ something..

o

You know, I know that, or sometimes I remember to know that. How do I take this off do you suppose??

o

Molly - Send a note to the gardenweb people at the "contact us" link below. Ask them to remove your post.

--Bob

o

BOTONYBOB AND MOULMAN, THANK YOU BOTH, HOPEFULLY IT WILL BE REMOVED, SOON. I SWEAR THE OLDER I GET THE MORE I SAY "I KNEW THAT".

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Idaho Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here