Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mollymaples

Since we're neighbors. .

mollymaples
17 years ago

I have just spent the evening in the tufa dept. looking for instructions on how to build a "rock" wall out of cement. In searching, I also concluded that the same thing would be great to hide my post supports for my deck above my water garden. Since many are neighbors, is there someone around the area who has done this?? You can see it in this photo, very white and very obvious. I wish I had taken photos before I spent a million hours in the hot sun terracing and bringing in yards of dirt and rock around the front. :>)

{{gwi:997616}}

Comments (4)

• mla2ofus
    17 years ago

I can't help you out as far as the cement work goes but I have seen the white post like yours painted to look like an Aspen trunk in the garden junk section and it looked really good.

• mollymaples
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Well thank you mla2ofus. That would be easier. I will take that into consideration. Anything that is easy is good.

• chrismich250
    17 years ago

Now that I have seen your waterfall and pond, wow, I want one. I was considering doing that from the upper patio and around the steps to the walk-out basement patio. I'm still debating if I would sit outside enough and view it considering the huge expense involved in building it and the maintenance of running the pump, cleaning filters etc. Would I get my money's worth out of it, or would it just end up being a huge bowl of green slime like my neighbor's? Since I have a hearing problem, the noise of the waterfull is not soothing to me. Maybe I'll just print your picture and enjoy it instead. Thanks

• mollymaples
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Chris, where do you live? Don't print this photo. It is really a bad photo. Like the board going across to keep the net off the water. The net is still up, but not as obvious and the plants are starting to grow. Next year, I will post a photo, then you can print it. As for the pond, I love it. After losing a close friend ten years ago, my pond served as my "quiet space of reflection," and my new ponds serve as the same, even now that the reflections are much happier. My pond have become my favorite gardening hobby. I keep my fish pond free of algea with a UV filter. I had always planned on building a green house on our "next" house and using it to as a pond room. Our "next" house, did not allow for it which is why it is down the very steep hill by our house. My advice, build it close to your house or deck so you can sit on the deck and throw feed to your fish. Very relaxing watching the fish nibble. At least for me. If you did a stream bed down around the steps, that would be cool. Just use a skimmer and recycle it back up the hill via a pump. Go to the pond forum. Well worth the time with a plethora of knowledge and really good advise. The phot gallery there will give you lost of ideas and photos worthy of printing.

Sponsored