Return to the Idaho Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Got a winter question...

Posted by cocolallakids 5b (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 29, 06 at 23:31

I'm curious as to what everyone is doing this snowy winter?

1)I patiently wait (and wait) for the seed catalogs to come.

2)I review the Gardenweb boards to see what others have grown in my area and had success with then add those to the order list.

3)Lastly, I love looking out the window and not being able to see a single weed!

How about you?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Got a winter question...

I page through seed/plant catalogs over and over, drooling as I go, and shop for seeds and plants (mostly peonies and bearded iris) on the Net. I'm not buying yet, but you can't really call it window-shopping, so maybe it's screen-shopping?? I don't get the choices narrowed down and ordered until January.

I enjoy the rest from gardening, and ski when weather permits.

I love looking out the windows at the beautiful white world out there. We've had about a foot of snow on the ground since Thanksgiving weekend. The last few nights have been a full moon on snow, the most beautiful sight I know.

Jeanne

o

1. I'm currently taking the Idaho Master Gardener class here in Boise. Have attended two classes and love it.
2. Have been shopping online tomatofest.com for which tomato seeds to buy for next years crop. Heirloom tomatoes.

Can't wait for spring.
Dan-O

o

Been spending the last month gardening (in my greenhouse.) Plus, I am working on a little greenhouse modeling program (hopefully to post online for others to use.) And, I placed a few seed orders for my outdoor garden too.

o

I've ordered a Night Owl rose! I'm hoping that, being a child or sport of Sally Holmes, it will prove hardy. I've gone through so many dark roses...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Idaho Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here