Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jpinva_gw

Impatiens Newbie Seeks Coffee Lovers

jpinva
17 years ago

Hi, all. I'm looking for impatiens seed collectors who might be interested in a trade for fresh roasted coffee.

We live on several acres of mixed deciduos forest in eastern VA (7 right on the A/B line), with a small yard surrounded by very tall trees. Most of our yard is shady, with partial sun in a few spots. I've tried everything the local nurseries had for shade and partial shade, but the only thing that has really thrived and provided lots of color are the impatiens. I had a few different New Guinea impatiens, mixed colors of a 12 - 18" single impatiens, and some really beautiful double impatiens, all the standard garden center varieties.

This year, I have have set up an indoor seed starting system and a cold frame. I want to start my own impatiens, and I'm hoping to find some good varieties hardy here in zone 7. I am new to seed trading, and I have only a few flower seeds to offer, so I would like to offer one pound of Sumatra Mandheling Harimou Tiger, roasted and shipped the same day via Priority Mail so it arrives when it is in peak freshness. Fresh coffee is almost never available at coffee shops and "beaneries" - this is special. In exchange, I'm hoping to get a selection of impatiens that will do well here in z7 a/b.

If interested, email me. Thanks!

JP

Sponsored