Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
davidmgeary

Busy Lizzy Cuttings Available.

DavidmGeary
9 years ago

Cuttings from this Busy Lizzy old fashioned tall pink.

Comments (88)

• S A
    7 years ago

Thank you

• Daithi OGadhrai
    7 years ago

Good news for all lovers of the old fashioned busy lizzy the tall pink variety as show in the photo above after years of trial and error I have finally managed to get them to go to seed and have grown them from seed successful..I have a limited amount of seeds available so if anyone from anywhere in the world would like some contact me at 24 Glenamoy lawn Mayfield Cork Ireland via post with your postal details and I will post three seeds to you...this is on a first come first served basis as the amount of seeds I have are limited...

• marguerite_gw Zone 9a
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

David, could you please put me on your list even for one? I know they come pretty easily from seed. My plant suddenly turned up its toes and died - a seed-grown one might be stronger. You can message me here if you like, I thought I had your address somewhere but can't find it. I can send you jade plants if you are interested :) As you may remember, I'm in Wicklow.

• Daithi OGadhrai
    7 years ago

Good news for fans of the old fashioned busy lizzy tall pink variety I have after many setbacks and false starts finally perfected getting my old fashioned busy lizzy to go to seed I now have a limited supply of seedlings and seeds anyone who would like one simply send me your postal details to Daithi O Gadhrai @24 glenamoy lawn Mayfield Cork Ireland I am compiling a list and will get to everyone who wants one but the seedlings and seeds I have at present are on a first come first served basis.. Pass on this info to anyone who you think may be interested... Happy gardening everyone...

• joanne_barr25
    7 years ago

If i send a self addressed envelope to you, would you kindley send me some seeds? i live in uk St.Helens, Merseyside xxx

• Daithi OGadhrai
    7 years ago

Yes I will send them just send me a stamped addressed envelope if you are outside Ireland don't put a stamp they don't work here I will put a stamp on it for you no worries so Joanne and Marguerite you two get the first seeds a pair each...I'll post them as soon as I get your envelopes..

• tashaphillips
    7 years ago

I've got loads of these plants. They came off my parents wedding day flowers. The plant had virtually died was a pot with what looked like a load of old dead roots. A little water a little tlc and it grew and flowered. Since then I've taken cuttings and given the original plants back to my parents keeping a few of the cuttings which are now mature plants. The plants flower every month although an expert in the garden centre said they don't do that mine do. I'm in Brighton nothing special about how they are kept. I remember this plant in our house in the 70s. If anyone would like a cutting please text 07971370118

• tashaphillips
    7 years ago

The original plant a few months after my folks moved and gave me their 'empty' pot of old roots. The flowers are a very vibrant pink and lovely to look at. It's December nearly and it's still flowering away

• joanne_barr25
    7 years ago

Lovely old classic, lucky you, wish i had them xxx

• joanne_barr25
    7 years ago

Big Thank you to DAITHI , most kind of you , will send sae as soon as possible, i have a nice mixture of Dhalia seed if you would like some?

• abbylk93
    6 years ago

Does anyone still have cuttings of the old fashioned busy lizzie? My Mum used to have these years ago and she's been looking for one for a long time!

• berrio
    6 years ago

I have some if you want them, valerie

• abbylk93
    6 years ago

Hi Valerie, that would be amazing. If you could email me on abbylk93@icloud.com for postage arrangements that would be much appreciated. Abby

• PRO
    Edward Watts
    6 years ago

Hi, can anyone mail any cuttings or seeds for the old fashioned 'busy lizzie' impatiens to me in the US? My grandmother had them when I was a kid, and I can't find them anywhere here. I am more than happy to pay for them. Thank you so much, my email is ehwatts@gmail.com

• Gaz Poole
    6 years ago

Does anyone have any cutting of the favourite 1970/80's tall pink indoor impatien, I notice there are cuttings about having read through this forum,

im happy to pay postage ect and something for cuttings or swap with some of my cuttings

kind regards

• Charlie Miao-Molloy
    5 years ago

Hi, I am also looking for the old fashioned Busy Lizzie. I also would be willing to pay for costs and donate towards extra pots and potting medium. I have lots of plants in my garden. I could swap.

• Amy
    4 years ago

Hi all

Does anyone have any cuttings for this old fashioned Busy Lizzie you could send me?

My mum's birthday next month and she's been looking for a long time.

Happy to pay whatever you need.

Massive thanks

Amy x

• R G Jones
    3 years ago

Hi Amy,

Did anyone get in touch as I am after one myself?

Regards

Chris

• Amy
    3 years ago

Hi Chris

One lady did, but unfortunately it was not the one I was looking for.

I'll let you know if find one though.

Thanks

Amy

• R G Jones
    3 years ago

Hi Amy,

Many thanks

Chris

• Abby Kidd
    3 years ago

Hello,

I‘ve just cut back my old-fashioned Busy Lizzie and have several cuttings. If they take (usually they do quite quickly) I’ll repost here I can arrange delivery if anyone is still interested.

Best wishes

Abby

• Amy
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Hi Abby

Yes, please.

Let me know when they are ready and we can arrange something.

amybarkeruk@outlook.com

I really appreciate it.

Kindest regards

Amy

• loughlin01
    3 years ago

Abby thanks for post and they are the house type of bizzy Lizzie

Yes I would love some cuttings from you

How can we get them and pay

• S A
    3 years ago

Hi Abby, would you be able to send cuttings to me as well. I really would appreciate it and would pay towards the cost.

• CHRISTINA JONES
    3 years ago

Hi Abby,

Would it be ok to get in touch by email as I would like a cutting also?

Many thanks

Chris

• CHRISTINA JONES
    3 years ago

Hi,

How do we pay for them please?

• CHRISTINA JONES
    3 years ago

Hi Abby Kidd,

Could I buy a cutting from you please?

Kind regards

Chris

• CHRISTINA JONES
    3 years ago

Hi Abby,

can you put me please on the list also?

Kind regards

Chris

• CHRISTINA JONES
    3 years ago

Hi,

Yes if you could please?

regards

Chris

• CHRISTINA JONES
    3 years ago

Does anybody know if Daithi still comments on here as I have been trying to get in touch with him?

• Amy
    3 years ago

Tried contacting him months ago when I first started hunting for this plant (my mum has been searching for years), heard nothing back from the email that he gave. So, I guess not.

• CHRISTINA JONES
    3 years ago

Hi Amy,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have also tried facebook but nothing there either.

I have also been trying to get in touch with Abby Kidd about a cutting.

Thanks once again

Chris

• Amy
    3 years ago

No problem Chris.

Abby said she would post back here when her cuttings were ready, so like me, just wait and she'll be in touch soon I'm sure.

It shouldn't be long, my mum has been hunting for years so I'm just as desperate to find this plant.

Regards

Amy x

• CHRISTINA JONES
    3 years ago

Hi Amy,

Many thanks

Chris x

• Amy
    3 years ago

Abbey, have you sorted out your cuttings yet?

Huge huge thanks xxx

• Valerie Berry
    3 years ago

is that to me that sent the free cuttings to chris or someone else

• Amy
    3 years ago

Hi Valerie.

Abbey posted last month that she was sorting out some cuttings of her plant.

I was just wondering if she had done then yet.

Do you have some?? 😊 thanks xx

• Valerie Berry
    3 years ago

nothing come here

• R G Jones
    3 years ago

Hi,

Have you heard anything about the cuttings?

• CHRISTINA JONES
    3 years ago

Hi Amy,

Have you heard anything back?

• Valerie Berry
    3 years ago

are they doing ok?

• HU-519427679
    3 years ago

yes

• Valerie Berry
    3 years ago

thank you for your comment

• Charlie Miao-Molloy
    3 years ago

Hi, am I too late for this? I have been looking for old fashioned busy Lizzie's for years. I noticed that I commented here 2 ,years ago, asking the same question. Does anyone still have them?I can pay onstage and even send you a plant of your choice if you would like to browse the plant catalogues, in return.

• Charlie Miao-Molloy
    3 years ago

I have just bought some plants that were advertised as old fashioned busy lizzies But the ants that came have red stems. They are not the old fashioned ones. I paid £5 each is postage..

• Charlie Miao-Molloy
    3 years ago

Look what I've got. My. photo isn't showing. I have managed to get cuttings. So watch this space

• HU-440817242
    3 years ago

Upload the photograph of the plant.

• Kate Page
    last year

hi there reaching out for some help.. my dad lost his Bizzie Lizzies last year to a bug. He had taken cuttings from his late mums plant over 30 years ago and has been so upset. ive attatched pics please do contact if anyone has any or even just the name my details are kate.page@mac.com thank you

• Charlie Miao-Molloy
    last year

Hi I bought loads of plants, that wetter advertised as old fashioned ones. I paid a fortune but most were just not the right ones. I do have one that looks like the right type. It isn't as strong as I remember them.

Sponsored
Capri Home Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars33 Reviews
Reputable Home Renovation Company Serving Northern Virginia