Return to the Impatiens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Buds dropping off and leaves curling up. Help!

Posted by musicbox Malaysia (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 25, 11 at 8:10

This is my 1st time keeping Impatiens and it's the Super Elfin type. I bought it in a pot from the nursery and it was blooming and there're still many buds. However on the 2nd day the flowers fell off and on the 3rd, the buds started to fall off too at the slightest movement. I've been following instructions like making sure the soil is not completely dry and putting it out for the morning sun. I live in Malaysia so it's very humid and hot here, so I keep it in shade and water everyday. Now I'm not sure if I'm being paranoid or the leaves are really starting to curl up a bit. I need help, I don't know what I did wrong. My plant's about 6" tall. How much water is enough or too much? Is it the heat? Sunlight too much or too little? I never put it out for full sun, I think it'll burn the plant.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Buds dropping off and leaves curling up. Help!

I haven't been on this forum in a long time. do you still have the plant??

buds/blooms will fall off when the plant is under any stress at all. too much water, not enough, too warm, too cold...

How is the plant now?

o
RE: Buds dropping off and leaves curling up. Help!

I still have the plant. It's bigger now and the buds are still blooming but they never stay long and still many are dropping off prematurely. They just keep growing and dropping off. A few leaves are turning yellow too. I've been trying everything, more water, less water, more sunshine, more shade, etc...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Impatiens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here