Return to the Impatiens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Look !! Giant Impatiens...You don't believe? .

Posted by stephania Thailand (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 6, 06 at 3:39

Hey friends, I just posted some photos of a rare Giant Impatiens, Imp. mirabilis, in its habitat and cultivated in our gallery. Please have a look.

Here is a link that might be useful: Giant Impatiens

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Look !! Giant Impatiens...You don't believe? .

Stephania
That is really cool! I have tried to grow Impatiens mirabilis so far with out much luck. It rotted on me. Its great that you can get seeds to come up every where. There are many, many other species you could try as well. If you ever get tired of some of those seeds send them my way. :)I would love to give them another try.

o

Hey Mrimpatiens! I like your name! and why not, I would be really glad to share the seed. Right now, the plant are waking up and some flowering buds appearing, so it should take about 1-2 months to get some rippen seeds.

Some of my american friends came here last year. He recommended that I should saw the seed in sphagnum, then I tried and it seem to be a good media. But I also found that many seedling which germianted in another caudiciform pots grow very well without any rot in pumice ( 3-5 mm.) media.

o

Please keep me posted. You can send me an email through my website mrimpatiens.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Impatiens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here