Return to the Impatiens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I Moved! Need Help!

Posted by girlscout 7b (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 13, 05 at 8:33

Hi all,

I moved south and am having to start my beds all over again! I love, love, love impatiens! I like easy to care for plants...don't we all. Anyway,in my new home ALL of my beds are in full sun!

Is there any species that grow with the ease of impatiens, thrive like impatiens and do NOT need to be deadheaded...geesh...seems like everything I plant likes to be deadheaded...except impatiens...and that is just another reason why I love them!

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I Moved! Need Help!

Try new guiney impatiens. They may be slightly more sun tolorant than regular impatiens.

o

I've been really pleased with begonias. We plant them in the median full sun all day every day and they do great. Moss Roses but they do not get the height that the impatients and begonias do.

Kelser

o

Do New Guinea Impatiens spread as well?

Thanks for the suggestions! I will check them both out!

scout

o

I'd suggest vinca! They need lots of hot sun to flower. They have compact, dark green foliage with lots of flowers -- I've seen white, vivid pink and occasionally red, which seem to be a bit harder to find.

I moved from Tennessee to Florida and had success with them both places as long as they get lots of sun. You you can deadhead if you like, but don't really need to -- they'll flower copiously without it. They will spread and fill in nicely.

If you choose New Guinea impatiens, I would suggest that you plant them so they only get morning sun unless you are able to water pretty frequently.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Impatiens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here