Return to the Impatiens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
yellow impatiens?

Posted by claferg z9a Volusia FL (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 25, 05 at 20:09

I saw this yellow impatient at a local garden show.
Does anyone know the name of this impatient or where I can purchase seeds?
I'm not too good at sending photos so please look under plant ID to find picture.

Here is a link that might be useful: Webshots

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: yellow impatiens?

Your pic is of Impatiens Fusion yellow. It is being released this year and is only avaiable as a pot plant. It wont make seed. Its a cross of walleriana and auricoma. Its very similar to Seashells yellow but it is a bigger plant with nicer flowers.

o

Thank you very much for the information. I now know what this impatient is called so I can search for plants.
It was a very striking plant and I would really want to acquire some when they become available.
Thanks again.

o

I am trying a yellow this year called Jungle Gold. I got the seeds from Vesey's. You can see the plant at http://www.veseys.com/store.cfm?product=2717. The seedlings are great - good germination, strong, stocky. I haven't seen any bloom yet but they are very good so far.

AM

o

I bought Jungle Gold seeds from Pinetree Garden seeds too.
Pam

o

There is also a yellow impatient plant that is being sold at www.burpee.com. It is called African Blondie - http://www.burpee.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=4270&itemType=PRODUCT&iMainCat=9&iSubCat=4&iProductID=4270&iSubSubCat=32

o

Blondie and Jungle Gold are the same plant just renamed.
It was released as Blondie then it was sold to another company who changed it to Jungle Gold.

o

Oh I just saw that at a garden center friday and was getting on this forum to ask about it too! It was so lovely, they had a peach one too that was stunning. The garden ctr I was at only offered them in hanging pots though... pretty expensive ; (

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Impatiens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here