Return to the Impatiens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Brown spots on back of leaves

Posted by stoc 6 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 8, 14 at 2:55

Hello,
Does this look like some kind of virus? These are seedlings I have been growing.Some of them have this brown markings on underside of leaves.
Thanks!
James

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Brown spots on back of leaves

I guess this is not that active a forum.Still don't know if I should pitch these plants?

o
RE: Brown spots on back of leaves

hey dude...

put a link in the annuals forum ... unless you wnat to copy/paste this to a new post there ...

red tissue.. can be confused with brown ... and is sometimes a light issue ... but...

they sure look squat and happy ...

red tissue is also a precursor to normal green.. i cant recall the term .. if there is one ...

you can root 2 to 3 inch cuttings.. its up to you if you want a million more plants ... i lived that nightmare... lol .. started a pack of seed.. too early. and was snipping back and STICKING cuttings for months.. ended up with a bazillion .. lol .. threw mot of them away... but had a lot of fun in winter ...

BTW.. what do the tops of the leaves look like???

i am not familiar with the diseases of I's.. so no help there ... and i know there is some major epidemic with such.. but i dont care.. as i dont grow them anymore ....

a lot of the forums are dead.. so stick with your friends in forums that are more active ...

hope this is the post you emailed about ...

see link below.. that which i discuss.. was memories of rooting I's .... so if you want to try.. read there ... i had 8 by 8 inch cake pans filled with hundreds of cuttings.. lol..

ken

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Impatiens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here