Return to the Impatiens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New member with New Guinea..Help

Posted by melissaw140 Florida (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 24, 05 at 9:51

Hi
I am a brand new member with my first house plant :)
I picked the New Guinea becuase it is non toxic to pets, easy to maintain & does well in the heat. ( I live in south Forida). Here are my questions and I appreciate any help
1) It is in a pot on the patio..How often do I water? (It is in sun) 2x per day?
And how do I know enough water is enough?

2) I read that miracle grow is good. But 1 or 2x per week? and how much do I sprinkle in the pot?

3) What is pinching back? Is that just cutting away the dead stems?

4) I read on Mrimpatiens that if the leaves look dead or rotted to spray a mix of dish soap,alcohol and H2o. How many times should I spray?

Thanks,..I dont want them to die and I heard that the New Guinea is good for the heat.

Thank you all so much!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New member with New Guinea..Help

P.S I forgot to say that I purchased it already potted ( from Home Depot) and it is in a screened patio

o
RE: New member with New Guinea..Help

1. water when the top inch of soil is dry to touch.
2. follow the what the bos says. feed like any other plant.
3. you shouldnt need to pinch back but pinching is just taking off the very tip of the branch.
4. that is a mix for spraying bugs.
I dont know how well they will take summer Florida heat. For waht I hear they may die off by then. Keep them in a shaded spot they should do ok.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Impatiens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here