Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
timed

Fusion Impatiens

timed
19 years ago

Does anyone know if the Fusion Impatiens and the Butterfly Trailing Impatiens will be available at garden centers this spring? I have been to 3 in my area and no one has heard of them! Thanks!!

Comments (11)

• MrImpatiens
    19 years ago

They are supposed to be released this year. But I havent seen any in my area as well. Then again all I ever see are the bedding and NG hybrids. Fusion is released by Ball seed also known as Pan American and Butterfly is released by Goldsmith/Fisher. You may want to check with them. In the Fusion series the yellow is the best I think. In the Butterfly , out of the 5 colors I like the ones with the blush markings in the center.

• cindip
    19 years ago

I have only seen them at one nursery. I had hoped they would be easy to find.

• wardw
    18 years ago

I found them at one local nursery, grown out in their greenhouses, I think. Given how amazing they look, there's a good chance they'll be available everywhere in the next year or two.

Is anyone selling seeds yet. I'd hate to be without them next year.

• MrImpatiens
    18 years ago

Both these hybrids are only by cuttings they dont produce seed.

• timed
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I finally found a garden center with all 6 varieties of Fusion Impatiens. $5.99 each!! But worth it I guess.

The source of the Butterfly Trailing Impatiens told me no one in the State of New York ordered them!

I also found the Jelly Bean series-mini-(an improvement of Firefly?). The Coral W/Blue Eye is unique!(Not quite blue).

Also got a double mini labled 'Starlight' Impatiens Lavender - not lavender but light salmon with 1/2" flowers - very cute!

I have been getting species from Annie's Annuals - Very exciting! also Kartuz.
    With Annie's $30 minimum order plus their handling and shipping each order ends up over $60! Good plants though.

• MrImpatiens
    18 years ago

Which species did you get from Annies and Kartuz?

• timed
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi MrImpatiens!!
    Species I have gotten from Annie's:
    digitata, dig. x mervensis, tinctoria, mengtziana, cicilea, glandulifera 'Yellow'
    Kartuz:
    keilli, 'Pink Princess', grandis 'White'&'Rose', hians, variegated niamniamensis, niam."plain", irvingii, soldenii.
    also Select Seeds: zombenensis
    eBay: arguta, oliverii 'Purple'
    Antonelli's: Renata, Kitty Congo, King Congo, Hare's Hybrid.
    at Canada Blooms: 'Velvetia'. Any idea how to propigate this? I tried cuttings, but got no roots. Air layering maybe?
    Burpee: Jungle Jewels, African Orchids, Blondie.
    auricoma from somewhere, 'Vision Yellow' New Guinea locally.
    Just planted seeds of noli-tangere and textori from B&T World Seeds.
    from Heronswood: omeiana, and an unidentified sp. with light pink flowers. Any idea what the 'blue' impatiens they are listing is? I hope it's arguta and not something I don't have!
    I also plant seeds of some bedding varieties that are not avalible locally. And I have been saving 4 Seashell varieties via cuttings! Whew!

• cindip
    18 years ago

Where did you get your Jelly Bean series? I would love to find some of those.

• MrImpatiens
    18 years ago

Timed
    Wow seems like you are getting quite a big collection going. Its nice to see that some of the plants I have introduced are getting out there.
    The "blue" one at Heronswood is different from arguta and isnt blue from what I am told. I just visited Portland and got a start of it. It is more like omieana in the fact it has underground runners but looks different in its growth habit. The flowers are pink. I would look at Cistus Nursery for more Impatiens in the future. They will be having more for sale in the coming seasons.

• jimcnj
    18 years ago

I picked up some Fusion Glow at Dreyer Farms in Cranford, NJ about $3.00 each.First time I ever seen them.I got them because they remind me of our native jewel weed.

• lawyerina
    15 years ago

Can anyone tell me where I can find some Fusion Impatiens on Long Island? This is the first year I haven't been able to find them in a few years. I have the perfect pot for the peach colored ones and am very anxious to find them. Thanks.