Return to the Impatiens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Impatiens Grandis

Posted by garden_grace 7 (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 28, 07 at 18:02

Can anyone tell me anything about this plant? I would like to grow it as a container plant and over-winter indoors. I can't seem to find anything on it at all.
Thanks,
Grace

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Impatiens Grandis

Grace
Impatiens grandis is fairly rare in cultivation. It is a winter bloomer and would benift being inside at that time. It is a native of Sri Lanka and India and can also be found under the name hookeriana. It can grow to be a large plant and has wonderful flowers. There are 3 or 4 forms out there right now. A couple of white and red and a really nice pink form called 'Rosa'. The grow can be open in most but I have a really nice clumping one as well. Place it out side during the good parts of the year and inside from cold and on the drier side but not too much. It really is a nice plant one of the prettiest ones out there.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Impatiens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here