Return to the Impatiens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Micro-Mini Impatiens?

Posted by nberg7 z7NC (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 28, 06 at 23:29

I don't know if I just missed these before, but I bought one of those "color bowl" pots at a box store today because it appeared to me that amongst all the various plants were these tiny, tiny flowered impatiens. This bowl came with both white and light pink and I know I'll have to try and propagate. Anyone else growing these?
-Nan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Micro-Mini Impatiens?

These are hard to find here in my area. I am told they are true Impatiens walleriana just a drawf form. I have seen a couple of lines of these one called Firefly and the other Pixie. They are all related to the Mini Hawaii series that had bicolored flowers. The bad thing about these is that they are hard to over winter.

o

I'll try and post some photos here soon of them. And yes, they are identical to walleriana, including the seed pod- everything is just smaller. I'd say the flower head is about the size of a Bacopa would be. I really love the way they look!
-Nan

o

Here are a couple of comparison photos on the size of these minis (white and pink)- they're currently paired with a double red (normal size,) and looking pretty straggely due to propagation cuttings.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

o

I have the red pixie and so far it's looking good. It was pretty pitiful when I first planted it, but well enough now that I just took some cuttings off of it.

o

Mine was pretty pitiful when I bought them too, but with this sudden surge of heat/humidity here in 7A they've filled out nicely. The cuttings from these have been tricker for me to get started, but I fear I won't find them again so I've got to keep them going until next year. I'm also going to try and save seed if possible.
-Nan

o

I havee a pink one and a purple one. I did not see any of
them last year. I haave propagated them for several years. I have seen other colors.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Impatiens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here