Return to the Impatiens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sun Impatients

Posted by crazy4life z7 NC (My Page) on
Wed, May 3, 06 at 3:15

Hi,
Has anyone tried the new Sun Impatients sold at the Home Depot store?They say you can plant them in full sun...I'm hoping it's true,got two stone flowerbeds I'd love to plant them in.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sun Impatients

I just planted an assortment of impatiens for the first time and did not note that it depends on the type of area you plant them in. The area is sunny....barely shade. What do I do....will it grow?

o

Hi errol,
If you just bought the regular type of Impatients they won't do well in full sun.....they wilt.I'm still trying to find someone who has tried these new SUNIMPATIENTS,they say on their site that they take full sun but I'm skeptical about that...would hate puting my time and money into them and have them die on me ):

Goodluck

o

Crazy
I just boughts some of these today. We will see how they do. The leaves are darker and is more than likely a hybrid with another species like platypetala. They were selling them in full sun. They looked kinda sad but this is because they were cramed together and roughed up a bit. Other wise they looked ok. They also looked like they had some water damage on the flowers, watering by the base may help. But I am not going to be that kind to them.

o

I have used the sun impatients for 4 years, since my backyard is all sun. They are fabulous and bloom into October.
When I first found out about them, I bought them at a nursery, the last two years I have bought them at Lowe's. I find the bright pink is the hardiest for me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Impatiens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here