Return to the Impatiens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
White spots eating my impatiens!!

Posted by bixdee Netherlands (My Page) on
Thu, May 4, 06 at 3:23

Hello,

I'm rather fond of impatiens -- they bloom like mad with the least bit of help (at least from my experience). Anyway, we got quite a bunch of young ones to plant in time for summer but two days later, they've developed white spots on their leaves. I thought they might be mildew but they don't look "powdery" at all. More like these white spots are eating the leaves and thinning them out from within the spots. The back of the white spots (back of leaves), they are brownish-purplish. Is anybody familiar with this? Because I planted them all over the place and now I'm afraid whatever this is will spread to our other plants and I am particularly fond of an apple tree in our backyard (if this does happen to be powdery mildew -- i hear it's quite contagious???). I wouldn't want that to get whatever this is!

Thanks in advance for any replies!

- bix

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: White spots eating my impatiens!!

It doesnt sound like mildew. It may be burning or water spots. If they were growing in a pretty shaded spot even some sun will cause burning. Mostly water spots affect the flowers but sometimes leaves will do this. As the plants get older they should out grow this.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Impatiens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here